Being on the board of directors of CAPT means promoting the profession of pharmacy technicians at every opportunity. Often members of the board are also appointed to represent CAPT on the boards of other organizations or committees. Sometimes the committee is short lived, such as working groups for the provincial colleges and other times it is a long term commitment.
In many instances, CAPT is approached to bring the view of technicians to the table. This is becoming more prevalent. The profession of pharmacy technician is more valued and necessary.
CAPT Currently has representatives on the following organizations.
- The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) - representative is Robert Solek
- Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) - representative is Sheena Deane
- Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP) - representative is Samantha Jenkins
- Canadian Pharmacy Technician Educators Association (CPTEA) - representative is Lois Battcock
CAPT also engages regularly with the following stakeholders:
- Canadian Pharmacist Association (CPhA)
- Neighborhood Pharmacy Association
- Indigenous Pharmacy Professionals of Canada (IPPC)
- National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA)