WHO... CAPT is THE only national association for pharmacy technicians, aides, and assistants within Canada. CAPT is the association to join as it collectively represents individual members in discussions at national initiatives where the voice of pharmacy technicians needs to be heard. Being involved in a professional organization helps you stay abreast of the issues that affect your industry - and ultimately you!
WHAT... CAPT is a group of likeminded individuals coming together to form a unified voice to promote the role of pharmacy technicians, assistants and aides in the delivery of healthcare. There is strength in numbers and being a part of a national organization such as CAPT provides a collective influence in situations where required.
WHERE... The head office of CAPT is in the Greater Toronto Area however the Board of Directors is elected nationally. There are opportunities from coast to coast for any member to become involved with CAPT. All positions with CAPT are on a volunteer basis.
WHEN... CAPT is there to ensure the views of pharmacy technicians, aides, and assistants are heard at various venues such as provincial organizations (OCP, MPhA, NSCP), educational groups (CCCEP, PEBC, APFC, CPTEA, CCAPP) and national groups (NAPRA, CPhA). The evolution of the health care system will become a more patient focused role for pharmacists requiring technicians to expand upon their traditional duties. Technicians are a vital link in the delivery of health care in Canada and we wish to ensure ALL of our members are included.
WHY... CAPT believes in you and the development of the profession of pharmacy. There is strength in numbers. It is important to support your national association and move our profession forward. As our membership grows, we will be able to provide more opportunities to our members.
HOW... CAPT membership can point you in the direction of career growth by:
- Keeping you informed through CAPT's social media platforms
- Giving you the opportunity to network with valuable contacts and peers
- Expanding your knowledge through continuing professional development events, seminars and conferences
- Developing professional skills by sharing or presenting issues affecting technicians or by joining committees
- Providing discounts on first aid courses (St-John's Ambulance, contact director of membership for details)
- Providing discounts on professional liability insurance (see www.capt.ca for details)
- Providing better pricing for conferences and some continuing education opportunities
- Providing discounts on Rx Billing Genie (contact director of membership for details)