Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is a public hospital that provides inpatient, outpatient and consultation services for people with complex mental illness. Our patients benefit from a recovery-oriented environment of care built on compassion, inspiration and hope. We engage in research, education and advocacy initiatives to advance the mental health care system and are proud to work with partners across the continuum of care. If you thrive on innovation and positive change, and share our vision of Recovering Best Health, Nurturing Hope and Inspiring Discovery, Ontario Shores is the place for you.
Division This position is part of the OPSEU bargaining unit
Job Title PHARMACY TECHINICIAN, PHARMACY
Classification $26.15 – $29.94 ( Pharmacy Technician )
Employment Type Temporary Full-time
Number of Vacancies 1
Contract End Date 3/30/2018
Hours of Work Full-Time (37.5 hours per week) Days
Location Main Site – 700 Gordon Street – Whitby, ON L1N 5S9 CA (Primary)
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences is seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work in our Pharmacy Department. The Pharmacy Technician will join a team committed to providing professional pharmacy services to in- and outpatients of a tertiary care mental health facility. The Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance in all aspects of drug distribution and inventory control.
Qualifications Required and Preferred
• Licensed with Ontario College of Pharmacists, Registered Pharmacy Technician (R.Ph.T.)
• Knowledge of pharmacy jurisprudence and drug schedules including the Narcotic and Controlled Drug Act, Food & Drug Act and other legislation governing practice of pharmacy.
• Experience with various hospital drug distribution systems
• Experience in drug inventory maintenance and control
• Pharmacology and other basic drug knowledge, knowledge of medical/pharmaceutical terminology.
• Demonstrated competence in pharmaceutical calculations and other pharmaceutical fundamentals
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral/written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance and training and/or precept students.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and critical thinking abilities.
• Ability to perform the physical demands of the position.
• Proven good attendance record with the capability of maintaining this same standard.
• Hospital pharmacy knowledge and experience in a hospital setting including medication reconciliation processes an asset.
• Meditech computer experience an asset.
Closing Date 9/1/2017
Personal information you provide to Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is collected pursuant to the Public Hospitals Act R.S.O 1990, c. P.40. It will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. At all times it will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, contact the Leader, Privacy & Access at 700 Gordon St. Whitby, ON L1N 5S9; 905-430-4055 ext. 6712 or refer to the Privacy & Access pages on the Ontario Shores website. Upon request, individual accommodation can be provided to applicants who meet the required qualifications outlined in the job descriptions, and have been invited for an interview. For questions and concerns, please contact Human Resources at 905.430.4055 ext. 6191.