Permanent Part-Time positions
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open
our state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate
Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for
Pharmacy Technicians who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred
care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Reporting to the Manager, Pharmacy Services, the registered Pharmacy Technician is
responsible for performing technical tasks related to medication distribution in the
Contribute to safe, quality care by:
• Medication distribution to patient care areas, utilizing automated dispensing cabinets
and central pharmacy automation.
• Perform best possible medication history with patients to facilitate medication
• Preparation of unit dose medications and compounded medications in accordance
with NAPRA standards.
• Directing patient and staff queries to areas accordingly.
• Issuing and delivering narcotics/controlled medications to the patient care areas.
• Maintaining the department’s medication inventory control system and appropriate
records in keeping with pharmacy regulations and established procedures.
• Assist Clinical Pharmacists as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
What must you have?
• Current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) as a Pharmacy
• Pharmacy Technician diploma from an accredited program (or an equivalent
combination of education and experience if licensed through OCP bridging program).
What else do you bring?
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and
procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence,
Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a
challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Unit dose and sterile compounding experience, preferred.
• Previous related experience in a health care environment, an asset.
• Familiarity with pharmacy automation, an asset.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Please apply directly to Alethea Bagot by sending your resume to
View the Job posting: Pharmacy_Technician_-_Mackenzie_Health_