Pharmacy Technician – Permanent Full Time
TEMPORARY FREE LIVING ACCOMMODATIONS AVAILABLE
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
We are seeking a Pharmacy Technician to join our team. Under the direction of the Consultant Pharmacist and/or the Chief Nursing Executive, the Pharmacy Technician will compound all chemotherapy for the Geraldton District Hospital as well as any Biologics such as Remicade, Venofer and Entyvio.
Geraldton District Hospital is a fully accredited, progressive health care organization committed to providing high quality services to residents of Greenstone and surrounding First Nations communities. The Hospital has 23 acute care beds, 26 long-term care beds, a 24-hour emergency department, and a heliport. Services provided include clinical nutrition, diagnostic imaging (x-ray & ultrasound), laboratory, outreach chemotherapy, rehabilitation (PT & OT), social work and telemedicine.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate of a Pharmacy Technician Program at a recognized or accredited private or community college
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Current CPR Certification
- Experience in a hospital/community pharmacy for 1 – 5 years
- Chemotherapy compounding experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of pharmacy computer systems and Meditech system is an asset
- Competent in pharmaceutical mathematics
- Bilingualism in both official languages is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous cultures/languages are an asset
If you interested in combining a fulfilling lifestyle with a challenging opportunity, please submit your application and resume in confidence, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Geraldton District Hospital is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.