Pharmacy Technician (Part-Time) – Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre
TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: JOIN OUR TEAM!
The Toronto Grace Health Centre (TGHC) provides medically complex, specialized care and services to those individuals who require Complex Continuing Care, Post-Acute Care Rehabilitation, Palliative Care, and Transitional Care. The services provided at TGHC help facilitate patient flow through the health care system to those individuals who may return to their communities. As of January 2020, TGHC operates in two sites – the Main site (at Church and Bloor Sts) for 119 CCC and Palliative inpatients, and the Harbour Light site at Jarvis Street, which houses 28 outpatient beds for patients awaiting full transition into the community.
We are looking for a highly engaged registered pharmacy technician to help support the medication needs of the Harbour Light Transitional Care program. This is an exciting opportunity to work in close proximity with complex patients, caring health care professionals, and hospital staff as we provide services to our growing outpatient patient base and transitional residential beds in the community.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Harbour Light Transitional Care Unit)
PART-TIME 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Closing Date: December 4. 2020
Reporting to the Director, Pharmacy, the Pharmacy Technician (Harbour Light Transitional Care Unit) works according to current Ontario College of Pharmacy operational standards for community pharmacies. The Pharmacy Technician works with the Pharmacist (Outpatient) to ensure the safety and quality of drug distribution, including dispensing, product verification, compounding preparations and solutions as per applicable standards (i.e. NAPRA). The Pharmacy Technician will maintain their competence through their professional practice and continuing education, as needed.
· Licensed to practice in Ontario (Registered Pharmacy Technician)
· Community College diploma (Pharmacy Technician Certificate or equivalent)
· Typing, aseptic technique, pharmaceutical arithmetic, pharmaceutical and medical terminology, computer experience, good verbal and telephone communication skills.
· Ability to operate photocopier, calculator, prescription balance
· Knowledge of drug distribution systems, including blister packaging, unit dose, smart medication dispensing devices, e-reminders, etc.
· Excellent attendance record.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Minimum one year related experience, preferably in hospital inpatient or outpatient pharmacy setting
· Commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
· Demonstrated resilience to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
· Possess initiative in providing high quality, patient-centered, pharmaceutical care for a diverse and medically complex patient population
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively facilitate the delivery of pharmacy services in a wider institutional setting
· Highly motivated, compassionate individual able to work closely with physicians, nurses, and other Allied Health professionals using an interprofessional approach to providing patient care
· Must have the physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role, as determined by the needs of the position and based on assessment conducted by Occupational Health Services
Purchasing and Inventory
Under the supervision of the pharmacist, the pharmacy technician performs the following:
· Maintain inventory levels according to established maximum and minimum quotas
· Prepare and place purchase orders for pharmaceuticals and related pharmacy items
· Receive and verify purchase orders
· Maintain purchasing and inventory control records
· Perform physical inventory on a regular basis as required
· Process expired pharmaceuticals and stock returns to vendors, as required
· Help monitor drug supply and availability for recalls, back orders, and other issues
Qualified candidates may apply to:
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting job #. Please visit our website to learn more about the rewards of building a career at the Toronto Grace Health Centre: www.torontograce.org We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with a 4 year Exemplary Standing in 2016 by Accreditation Canada
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Our Core values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Integrity, Committed, Cooperation and Celebration