Pharmacy Technician – Health Sciences Centre (HSC)
1 ‑ Part Time (.5) ‑ Pharmacy Technician
This position is in high demand in our region, as a result we offer competitive recruitment incentives. Qualified
applicants may inquire for further details.
* Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
* Graduated from a Pharmacy Technician Program at a recognized or accredited private or community college
* Experience with preparation of chemotherapeutic drugs
* Experience in aseptic technique and the preparation of sterile preparations
* Knowledge and skill in the preparation of cancer chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition (TPN) solutions
* Experience in Pharmacy inventory control
* Experience in narcotic and controlled drug inventory procedures
* Experience in the use of computers
* Good organizational skills and be able to work with a minimum of supervision
Salary Range: $28.440 to 32.790
The Health Sciences Centre strives to ensure the safety and security of the patients, visitors, employees and assets
financial and otherwise. As one tool in the recruitment screening process, all offers of employment to external
candidates shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (CRC) to ensure the absence of relevant
The Health Sciences Centre (HSC) is committed to delivering healthcare in a manner that is consistent with Patient
and Family Centred Care. Applicants are required to have a demonstrated knowledge, understanding and
commitment to this care philosophy.
Candidates will have demonstrated adherence to the Hospital’s Code of Conduct. Regular attendance at work is
imperative, therefore, all applicants will have to demonstrate a good attendance record to be considered for this
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our work
environment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a
workforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visible
minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability
are available throughout the selection process. Additionally we are identified as an English/French speaking health
sciences centre and encourage bilingual candidates to apply.
If there are no qualified applicants for the above position, the Hospital may, at their discretion, train unqualified
Interested applicants must submit a resume outlining relative previous experience and training no later than
11:59p.m. on Wednesday, 31 March, 2021.
External applicants must apply through our website. https://jobs.tbrhsc.net/