Registered Pharmacy Technician
Individuals can either apply at this link: https://bit.ly/3qecx3h, or send their resume with their interest to email@example.com.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Pharmacy Technician, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
15-30 hours per week.
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use of hospital pharmacy computer system to perform daily operations including order entry and departmental inventory control processes
- Dispense individual prescriptions, unit dose cart fills, therapeutic leaves, ward stock and emergency supplies of medications using established procedures for packaging, labeling, documentation and delivery
- Compound topical mixtures
- Maintain the unit dose packager (TCGRx)
- Check dispensed pharmaceutical products for accuracy and completeness
- Issue ward stock, narcotic, controlled drugs and targeted substances to the nursing units with appropriate documentation and record keeping
- Maintain inventory
- Have experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Other duties as assigned by the pharmacist
What You Bring
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Technician Program.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (RPhT)
- Hospital pharmacy experience is an asset
- Hospital experience with a computerized unit-dose distribution system
- Working knowledge of hospital pharmacy computer systems is an asset
- Ability to work in an independent and cooperative manner
- Ability to prioritize workloads
Why Work With Us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.Download PDF