BCE Pharma Logo

Registered pharmacy technician specialized in sterile compounding
Ontario- Toronto/Ottawa

JOB OVERVIEW

The position offered is a full-time job of 40 hours per week. The employee will have 80% of their time dedicated to training and consulting clients in sterile compounding and the remaining 20% allocated to customer service. This job requires frequent travel.

RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES

Registered pharmacy technician specialized in sterile compounding:

  • Train and evaluate clients in the implementation of the training program.
  • Participate in the writing of policies and procedures related to the sterile compounding sector.
  • Assist clients in the training of pharmacy staff as well as environmental services personnel.
  • Provide explanations of the functioning of BCE Pharma tools.
  • Answer the client’s questions with regard to sterile compounding.
  • Make recommendations on the client’s equipment and facilities.
  • Make a commitment to maintain a continued level of knowledge and skills related to the position.
  • Perform any other related duties as requested by the employer.

Customer service:

  • Carry out the writing, revision and page layout of various documents (advertising documents, reports, etc.) in both English and French.
  • Ensure the production of relevant documents in both English and French.
  • Read incoming e-mails and notify the person(s) concerned of any urgent requests.
  • Provide customer service and follow-up in both English and French
  • Participate in the development of quotes in both English and French.
  • Ensure follow up and treatment of all entrusted files.
  • Apply rules related to the confidentiality, preservation, circulation, and destruction of any document, file or information obtained in the exercise of their functions, all in accordance with provincial and federal law.

QUALIFICATIONS

Requirements:

  • Valid pharmacy technician certificate of registration from the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
  • Excellent English; written and spoken.
  • Knowledge of French, written and spoken, is an asset.
  • 5 years past experience in the field of sterile compounding:
    • 3 years past experience in non-hazardous sterile compounding.
    • 2 years past experience in hazardous sterile compounding.
  • Excellent aseptic technique for achieving standards in sterile compounding in both the non-hazardous and hazardous sectors.
  • Strong pharmaceutical calculation abilities combined with a good knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
  • Good knowledge of pharmacy technologies in sterile compounding such as peristaltic and TPN compounding pumps.
  • Good knowledge of the NAPRA.
  • Advanced knowledge of Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
  • Good level of computer skills.
  • Good teaching skills.
  • Resident of Ontario, preferably from Toronto or Ottawa.
  • Available for frequent travel.
  • Possibility for telework.

Skills:

  • Ability to apply changes when standards change.
  • Integration of current standards in sterile compounding.
  • Ease of adaptation and learning.
  • Pedagogical approach.
  • Ability to work in a team and manage a professional relationship with other stakeholders in the company.
  • Interpersonal skills.
  • Autonomy.
  • Attention to detail.

Terms and Conditions :

  • Full-time job.
  • Frequent travel.
  • Possibility for telework.
  • Collective insurance plan.

To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to:
emiliemagher@bcepharma.com

2018-12-07T15:25:06+00:00