REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
|Hours:||75 bi-weekly (8 hour shifts; days; evenings; weekends)|
|Salary:||CG-27 ($23.07 – $25.53)|
|Posted Date:||September 18, 2017|
|Closing Date:||December 31, 2017|
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing
approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The
authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term
care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health
we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our
communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring
individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the technical tasks of the Pharmacy operations. These duties
include dispensing pharmaceuticals, re-stocking nursing units, filling prescriptions, delivering narcotics,
preparation of I.V. solutions, ordering from pharmaceutical companies, compounding, record keeping and
performing other related duties as required.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of
this job include (but are not limited to):
- Regularly stands or walks when performing activities.
- Constantly carries medication bins weighing up to 5 lbs unilaterally over long distances in the hospital
distributing medications and lifts objects less than 10 lbs, regularly lifts stock between 10-20 lbs.
- Occasionally performs activities involving awkward or cramped positions requiring bending, stretching,
and lifting objects.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision work using hand tools, visual concentration is required to read drug
orders, calculate dosages, ensure medications are dispensed properly, and to inspect and check drug
- Constantly requires a higher level of alertness and concentration where exact results and precision are
required when filling, labeling, and dispensing medications.
- Constantly eye/hand coordination is required for computer work and to dispense medications.
- Works under tight time pressures with an unpredictable work pace.
- Graduation from a recognized (accredited) Pharmacy Technician Program is required.
- Current licensure and in good standing with the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board is required.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work both collaboratively and with a high degree of independence and
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in an interdisciplinary
environment team environment.
- Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates keyboarding and computer skills.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly
demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time
contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Fax: (709) 777-1303Mailing Address:
Human Resources Client Services – Recruitment
187 Kenmount Road
2 nd Floor, Unit 203
St. John’s, NL
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate
of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational
documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.