Canada’s Allied Health Recruitment Experts
Staff, Management, Executive Recruitment
Full-time, permanent; shifts are typically 8-hours in length and would occur within the range of approximately 8:00AM to 8:00PM, Monday to Friday, and Saturday 9:00AM to 5:00PM (pharmacy is closed Sunday); workweek is estimated at 40 scheduled hours per week – overtime may be required on occasion – overtime is paid after 44 hours per week; start date is ASAP.
Job Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
MediPharmDirect Inc. has been trusted to assist another of Canada’s leading pharmacy employers with their search for a Full-time, Permanent Registered Pharmacy Technician for their retail pharmacy location in Downtown Toronto, ON.
This Position Offers
- Competitive pay rate, employer-paid benefits package, paid vacation entitlement, annual College of Pharmacist license fees, and liability insurance premium reimbursed by the company, opportunity to participate in RSP program (MediPharmDirect estimates the pay rate to be in the range of $21.00-24.00/hr; (rate of pay will be based on years of relevant experience as a Registered Pharmacy Technician), formal details of all compensation elements and related programs will be discussed with the successful candidate by the hiring company – this info is provided as an estimate only – as this is our estimate, please note that our client may offer the successful candidate compensation outside of this estimate, based on experience or other factors);
- Modern environment with up-to-date technology to support you in providing service to patients/customers;
- Strong career advancement potential.
Summary of Responsibilities
As a Registered Pharmacy Technician employed directly by our client, you will work as a part of the pharmacy team to provide efficient and accurate pharmacy services to patients/customers. The primary responsibilities of this role include assisting Pharmacist(s) with prescription preparing, packaging and distribution; patient and drug information file maintenance and ensuring all information required for prescription processing is complete; verifying prescriptions for required information and authenticity; checking to ensure medications are correct and scripts are complete; doing final checks and supporting the pharmacy team with other duties, as assigned.
Requirements for Success
Applicants must possess the following credentials, experience and skills:
- Active Registered Pharmacy Technician license and in good standing with relevant provincial College of Pharmacists, OR your license is pending as you have successfully completed all of the RPhT licensing process steps except for the SPT and/or the jurisprudence exam (i.e. our client may be able to support your SPT hours, provided you have successfully completed all exams and have a confirmed date as to when you will complete the jurisprudence exam and pass);
- Customer service mindset, team player, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required.
How to Apply
Please submit your confidential resume to us via email@example.com, via our website www.medipharmdirect.com, or by fax to 1.888.409.1839. There are no costs for candidates (job seekers) to use our services and all communication is confidential.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted immediately. MediPharmDirect Inc. values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants, upon request, at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the law. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Why apply for this opportunity via MediPharmDirect – how does the process work?
There is no cost for applicants/candidates to use our recruitment services and all communication is strictly confidential. When you apply for a job opportunity via MediPharmDirect Inc., we will discuss the role with you prior to presenting your information to our client to determine whether or not the role suits your needs on various levels. If there is a good fit between our client’s requirements and your background and your career path/company culture ‘likes,’ then we will professionally present your information directly to the hiring manager and help manage the recruitment process. We will get you timely feedback concerning your application so you know where you stand.